Friday, September 17, 2010

Confession

It's been a tough couple of days.

Every time I wanted to blog about how I was feeling, I hesitated. And faltered. Somehow, my sunshine-yellow blog background didn't make space for anything not optimistically bright. I saw no resolution, and was not particularly seeking one, but that meticulous green bow on the top corner pressured me to provide a neat solution. I was stuck in a funk, but couldn't write about it because I had boxed myself in with a funny/ cheerful/ travel-crazy / mildly sarcastic blog personality that didn't allow for those days when I just want to be dead serious/ dramatically sad/ unreasonably whiny/ stressed out of my mind.

So here it is: it's been a little rough.

And I have no idea why I'm feeling this way either.

Perhaps it's my darn thesis. Maybe it's the anxiety of not knowing exactly what I'm going to do in the year between graduation and law school. Or probably it's just the never-ending to-do lists, the things I inadvertently forget to put on my list, the jobs I feel pressured to accept, the piles of work, the conversations I need to be having but never seem to have time for.

Who knows?

But two quotes from this week really helped me.

From Sister Beck at Regional Conference: "It's not about perfection. Instead, it's about precision and prioritization."

From my Organizational behavior textbook: "People with negative attitudes concentrate on all the things that they can do better. People with positive attitudes know that the best solution is the one that is good enough."

I guess it's time for me to conquer my perfectionist demons again. And along with that, my thesis.

Bring it on.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

oh Sisi! Too much on your plate again! Relax :D Remember one day at a time. Who cares about next year. It will take care of itself :D and learn how to say no.. you are getting better ;) it just gets easier and sooooo relieving. The first no is the hardest and then it will take practice! but remember people can survive with out you and you are important to yourself! I love you!!! Take care! Call me if you want to vent if this blog is way tooo happy for you :P