Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Professor Matchmaker

In my Doctrine and Covenants class today, we were asked to fill out a yellow sheet with our personal information. There was a column asking about our relationship status with four check boxes:

Single (actively looking)
Courting (dating exclusively)
Engaged
Married

While we were passing our sheets over to the end of the aisle, I couldn't help but notice that the guy next to me also scribbled down "I'm single and perfectly lonely" (it was underlined multiple times).

He should have been in my Honors Thesis class instead. A boy introduced himself as a sports-loving male. The professor then asked every other girl in our class whether they liked sports. If yes, then he would make a grand gesture of offering up the embarrassed boy in the corner as a possible husband. I think Lonely Boy's problems would be solved if he was writing a thesis. The Honors Department should use that as a selling point.

No comments: