Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Sneeze



It was a frail sneeze, like she had covered her nose with something. A little bit on the high pitch side. Altogether it was a very polite, restrained incident.

She was fully hidden behind two computer screens.

But instinctively, I conjured up an image of a thin, wispy girl of about five feet. Definitely an Asian.

So, not caring that I was being an absolute weirdo, I leaned sideways, supporting myself so I wouldn't fall off my chair, and peeked.

Instant creeper validation - she was Asian!

----

* I got an extension on my thesis! Hence the whole camping-in-the-library-slash-watching-people thing. But I just found out that I have some mileage that will expire soon, so I am planning an impromptu trip to L.A. {insert joy}

And yes, I just noticed the paradox: a planned impromptu trip. Remember the last time I did that? And why I had to?

No comments: