Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Rocky (Road) Relationship

Neal, the ice cream boy at BYU's sugar-n-spice, and I first bonded over desperately searching for a suitable alternative to Rocky Road (I am probably the most committed Rocky Road eater but that's another story). He wouldn't let me give up and kept shoving a whole cup's worth of testing spoons of mint chocolate chip, Bishop's Bash, Caramel Praline, et al. into my hands.

That was the first time he called me a doll.



The next time, he wouldn't stop talking about my hair until he made sure that the elderly couple in front of me complimented me too.

Today, while he was mopping the floor, half-hidden behind the hot chocolate machine, he yelled, "I'm in love with you, you know?"

I can't help but feel that our across-the-counter relationship is moving a little fast.

But if that means extra large child scoops and ego-inflating flattery, then we just might stand a chance.

Man, what a good ice cream salesman.

4 comments:

Emma McPanda Imported from China said...

i'm wondering if you would go out with him??? yes?
haha

Chelsea said...

haha maybe he is !! haha that is funny!

Sisi Messick said...

Nah, he's just a ladies' man that's all :)

Unknown said...

HAHA, I've talked to people about this guy. He's always dropping honey-coated names. I think last time, I was "Hey love!" idk if you need a ladies' man in your life right now. Just run with that cone and thesis away, dear!