Sunday, March 21, 2010

Wanderlust

It's somewhat official. I just bought my ticket flying from Chiang Mai to Kuala Lumpur. All for the glorious price of $64 USD. That's less than what I spend on groceries a week.


I've been to both these places before. But I was really little and don't remember much about Chiang Mai except for getting my hair braided.


I do remember KL though. I went to a math competition there and hung out with the boys most of the time. I knew my math - my odds were good: three girls to a hundred boys. We did a scavenger hunt in the twin towers (above) and that's where I developed my first bona fide "long-distance relationship". We wrote letters for a whole year.


Phuket + Bangkok are also in the plans. Micah wants to rent motorcycles and ride around Thailand like hoodlums. I should up my insurance right before I go - I can't even bike very well.


But where I really want to go is New Delhi. The parentals are somewhat against it. My dad thinks I've hit a crisis point in my life and that I'm trying to be a nomad to "find myself in India". My mom just thinks that I'm going to be swiped away by human traffickers and never make it back to school. She thinks I should only go with my husband. Too bad I can't rent one of those just for August.

1 comment:

Taryn Davis said...

Sisi, I am so jealous that you are doing this. I've been wanting to take a trip like this for years. My parents put up the same arguments as yours. They don't seem to have the same intense desire to see all these amazing places!