Friday, March 5, 2010

Sisi in LSAT-land

I fell down a rabbit hole of law school prep. And found myself at a mad tea party of students who are trying to make sense of the LSAT.

Everything is topsy-turvey in LSAT-land. The logic questions will have you believe that some shy people are extroverts and that in order to prove that you're not a communist, you'll have to advocate totalitarian states. Common sense has no place here; the faster you are at accepting crazy ideas, the better.

The questions just seem like riddles that the mad hatter makes up for fun. And like Alice, sometimes I just don't want to play anymore.

All the while, the March Hare is telling me that time is running out and the law school Queen of hearts is pointing at me and yelling, "Off with her head!"

But I must admit, LSAT-land is growing on me. Like the grinning Chesire cat, formal logic is at once strange and fascinating. We're holding a March LSAT Madness where we fill in the brackets with hard LSAT logic games and vote for them. The hardest game wins the season.

And I'll be honest - I'm really excited for it.

No comments: