Saturday, February 6, 2010

Mood Ring

I had officially instituted this weekend to be my time to be sad. I had three different plans for tonight. I ended up canceling all three of them. I was even upset that I forgot to wear black today. Depressingly, I wore my fun green top with billowy sleeves, complete with my multi-color tribal necklace. All not very suitable for my self-imposed period of mourning. So I tried to seclude myself as much as possible. Sort of worked. Sort of didn't. I seemed to bump into everybody that I know. I even made a new friend. I then tried the mental isolation trick, aka putting my earphones on. But eventually a note would break free from my pursed lips, and before long I would find myself humming along about how much I love life.

There were some successful sad moments. At times I felt like hiding in the TA office and just crying it out. I wish I had. I needed it. But just at those moments when I tired of repeating conversations in my mind and reviewing what might have been, I would feel a sudden burst of excitement. I was finally, properly, melodramatically sad! Unfortunately that would undo all my previous hard work. After all, it's hard to feel down when you've succeeded at something.

I pity boys. They have to try to understand female creatures like me.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

haha you are too funny.