Saturday, February 20, 2010

Happy Birthday bud!

A year ago today I sneaked up to the U of U to surprise my best friend in class on his birthday. I had done my background stalking work and had figured out his schedule, his professor's name and email, and of course the building floor plan. While my cousin who also went to the U was distracting him with some made-up sob story about an ex-boyfriend, I stole into his classroom and wrote a poem on the board (composed by me) asking him to go on a date with me after class. I also left some homemade chocolate cake balls on the main classroom desk for him. Then I found an underground tunnel and hid.

Of course, there were some gaping holes in my meticulous plan. First, he decided to skip class because it was his birthday. When he told me on the phone, I was frantic, bordering angry, which really confused him. So he went to class, 20 minutes late. By then, the professor had already pulled down the projector screen so it was blocking my poem on the blackboard. Long story short, he eventually saw it and we did end up chowing down pizza at his favorite place afterward - but not before I got lost in the tunnels because I wandered into the restricted/danger zones!

Sorry this year it will be so different. But I hope you will have an awesome day anyways!



1 comment:

Jeffrey Wu said...

That was a sweet story. It also sounds like it was a fun adventure.