Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Counting the minutes

It is in moments like these that I feel so small. I stare at my to do list and somehow it never gets shorter. I try my best to maximize my time. I grade papers when I eat. I study for tests on my bus ride to school. I even dream about doing homework at night.

I thought that I could do it all this semester: 14 credit hours + 10 hour/week of LSAT classes + Chinese TA job + Officer of an Honor Society + Editor of a Political Science Journal + Volunteering at VITA (where I help low income people file their taxes) + Start my Honor Thesis research = late nights & weight loss.

I miss lazy afternoons. I miss talking to my best friend for hours on end. I miss my best friend. I'm sorry I was always too busy to talk.

I love the David and Goliath story. It's the story of the skinny kid who conquers despite impossible odds. But like in most of the real life stories, I just might get crushed under this behemoth mountain of work.

No comments: