Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Suicide Attempt

I could have died. At least that's what my dad assured me.

Dad: Hey, can you turn the car on and leave it running for like 30 minutes? I want to make sure the car engine can still run.

Me: Sure.

Fifteen minutes later and still on the phone with my Dad.

Me: It smells funny.

Dad: Wait, where are you?

Me: Sitting in the car.

Dad: Is the garage door open?

Me: Heck no. Somebody might steal our car.

Dad: Open it right now!

Me: Why? It's so cold!

Dad: That's how people commit suicide.

Me: Oh. Won't that be sort of funny if that's how I died?

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Sisi! I'm so glad you didn't die. You hadn't heard about that before? Scary.

melbel said...

I'm so glad you were still on the phone with your dad! But you did make me chuckle a little bit with how funny you told the story. I only laugh because everything's okay in the end. Phew!

Marcindra LaPriel said...

Oh dearie!

I'm so GLAD you lived to tell the tale!