Saturday, January 9, 2010

All I wanted for Christmas was to be warm

Christmas was a blast. It was really fun to spend Christmas with my family in Shanghai and it was especially neat because Jonathan got to join in on all of the Messick madness!
Christmas morning 7:30 a.m. Cody and Jody were really excited to open the door and see the Christmas tree and all the presents. My favorite random gifts were the empty perfume bottle and the lock box.
We spent the rest of Christmas day on an island park where we rode horses, paint-balled, and drove go-karts.

Then we flew to Chang Chun, a northern city in China, for a ski trip! My dad joined us a couple of days later. Chang Chun was really really cold. For me, number two was the magic number. On any given day, I would be wearing two pairs of long johns, gloves, and socks, two scarves, and two coats - and within fifteen minutes of playing outside, my toes would start to hurt from the cold. I think I can now better relate to those Siberian exiles.With my aunt and uncle, we ventured further up north to Harbin to see the ice sculptures. I was imaging those tiny ones that you see at Utah weddings, but these were literally buildings. You can go inside and slide down from them. Both of the following photos are of sculptures that they made out of pure snow.

If I was really cheesy, I would say that despite my overwhelmingly white, and extremely cold, Christmas, I felt all warm inside because I was with my family.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

oh so cute! I love your updates

Lettie said...

Looks like you had a great Holiday.