Thursday, August 25, 2011

Finding a name

I really need to work on my poker face, especially when people tell me their names. But today, I just lost it.

Our new discount manager smiled and told me that his English name was Nemo. Then he asked me if I liked his name.

After a while, I figured out who's been responsible for the crop of wild names among our new staff. It turns out that Megan, a cute girl from the HR department, has been naming them because none of them came with English names. Apparently she gave Nemo three choices. The first was David, but both of them thought it was too plain. Then, she offered him a girl's name. After that, of course, his round features reminded her of the fish movie that she just watched, and so that's how Nemo happened.


p.s. Somebody told me that I was tall today. Just thought I would document that for posterity.


1 comment:

Marcindra LaPriel said...

Better question: if you were going to give me a Chinese name, what would it be?