Friday, January 14, 2011

Line by Line, Heartbreak by Heartbreak

People tend to write about what they know best. And in the case of my Chinese 202 class, my fresh-off-the-mish students apparently know all about frustrated love and DTRs.

They turned in their first homework the other day, where they were asked to write sentences using certain grammar principles.



Some classics: 

"I turned to her and asked, 'do you even love me?'"

"The reason why I like beef is because I just like beef."

"When I bumped into my girlfriend talking with a boy I didn't know, they made a face at me."

"It is very difficult to find a wife here at BYU."

"The reason why I don't leave the house is because I'm afraid somebody will hurt me."

"Together, we will make it to the Celestial Kingdom."

-----

Oh, the joys of being a TA.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

haha so funny!I need to hear a real update from you soon! call me when you get a chance :D Love ya hope everything is going okay.