Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The body language of emails

I obsess over emails, not necessarily over their content but rather the delivery.
 
Sentences full of shpelling mistaks, LOL, or .....? I instinctively read faster and skip over them, pretending I don't notice so as to spare my sender any imaginary embarassment.
 
A "I hope your work is treating you well" from somebody I just met? I cringe. Perhaps we didn't hit it off as well as I think we did. 
 
A new animated emocon in an email from my mom this morning? I sat there absolutely shocked. I don't even know how to do that myself. 
 
And a sentence highlighted in bold when I wasn't expecting it? I just about cried.
 
 
 

1 comment:

tiger lily said...

I always forget you have a blog, but now it's on my list! I don't know if that news will make you happy or creep you out. In my defense, your stalker comment of stalking me is what finally reminded me.
1. I am so glad I warned you in the beginning of my facebook message that there would be errors. Doesn't that automatically put me in some sort of safe zone?
2. Yes, definitely cringe-able. But only at first (I could just tell)!