Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Eight hours

On June 13, 2010.
 
6:30 p.m. My flight to Beijing was supposed to start boarding half an hour ago.
 
6:45 p.m. Supposed flight takeoff time
 
8:45 p.m. Still sitting in the Shanghai airport, staring at my plane that was parked outside.
 
9:36 p.m. Started talking to a cute boy sitting next to me. Turns out he's doing an internship in Beijing too.
 
10:45 p.m. Still waiting. The flight attendent told us that there is an "unspecified delay" because of an electrical storm in Beijing.
 
11:30 p.m. Decided to go home instead of crashing on an airport couch.
 
11:35 p.m. Said goodbye to my new friend. I don't think I've even told him my name.
 
12:00 a.m. The flight attendent told me that they had lost my lugguage.
 
12:15 a.m. The same flight attendent told me that he could not rebook me for another flight to Beijing the next day unless I have my lugguage in my hand.
 
12:16 a.m. Just stared at him.
 
12:20 a.m. People started a fight in front of the ticket counter. 200 planes were grounded. People were chanting "we want water, we want food, we want a bus!" I was not as demanding; I just wanted my lugguage and a new ticket.
 
1:22 a.m. They found my lugguage!
 
1:25 a.m. Was informed that the ticket rebooking system had crashed because so many people were rebooking.
 
2:49 a.m. Got my new ticket. My parents picked me up.
 
3:35 a.m. Crashed onto my bed at home.
 
 

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

I know! I heard! Sorry the party went super late last night so I missed my opportunity to call you! Will try to call tonight! can't wait to talk to you!

melbel said...

I can just see you staring the flight attendant down after so long! What a loooong day!