Sunday, May 23, 2010

Waipo lessons #2: Taking the pill

Boys I date complain that I am non-committal. My parents believe that I'm travel-crazy to be ready to settle down. My sister just thinks that I am not done flirting.

To be honest, one of my biggest fear about getting married has always been about birth control.

I use to literally cry when I had to take pills. Each pill would take an agonizing half an hour to swallow. Over time, I learned to pretend to swallow then spit it out when my mom's back was turned.

Last summer when I had to take antibiotics for my snakebite, my friends at the Barlow center sat with me to make sure that I actually ate my medicine. Little did they know that I never really swallowed any of them. Needless to say, my foot got infected and became kind of spongy. It was gross.

The other day, my waipo just handed me a packet of vitamin pills and a glass of water.

I fidgeted.

I then started to do my little stockpiling-in-the-cheek trick.

She just sat there and pointed out that she's not stupid.

I was shocked.

So, I swallowed.

And it wasn't too bad.

----- And now, I take my vitamins twice a day.

2 comments:

Chad Holbrook said...

haha. Way to go!! I'm so proud of you. I bet that is such a relief to not have to worry about that anymore. I'm so happy for you. :)

Chelsea said...

SiSi! I'm back. Awesome entry! I'll try to call you this week! I think you gave me your number. If not, tell me what it is again! Thanks :D I'm so excited to chat with ya!